Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Struggling with Forgiveness


Romans 12:17-21
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 
19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 
20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” 
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Most people want to seek revenge on those who have hurt them, or someone they love. If it will make any of you feel better, I will be the first one to admit that I have. Once the anger fades, which sometimes took years for it to start fading, I wanted to reach out to them and bless them in some way. I hope you guys understand that it was a very long and slow process. I thought I would never be able to forgive those who hurt me. I thought I was condemned to hell at the point. However, with time my heart healed.

Once I finally healed, God revealed to me why things happened the way they did. I then got a
whole new perspective on things. Sometimes, he will reveal those things to us and there are other times where he won't. I believe God likes to do things when we aren't expect them. Sometimes, the answer is so simple that if you don't look or listen closely, we miss it.

We aren't meant to know why some things happen, or why they don't. Sometimes, we must just accept things the way they are, or aren't. There are times that we just have to leave a door closed and go through the open one. All in all, forgive those who may have offended or hurt you in any way not for their sake but, for yours. If you don't, the only heart that you will hurt  and jeopardize is your own. 








No comments:

Post a Comment